Tuesday 14 September 2010

Ok, first  'proper' day done.  It was good, more of a 'this is what we will be doing day'.
I got to college early so that I could print off my homework, in the library I bumped into then sat next to one of the boys, who, it turns out, is actually 32!!!  Still think he's having me on.  Jeez! Now I know Im getting old!  So, I made the mistake of looking at his homework, then quickly adapted mine.  I had completely overlooked the word 'summarise' in the assignment.  I have never gotten my head around using 4 words when 40 will do just as well.

I bumped into Flowers :) and she is even nicer than I remember.

Ok, for the record... Please don't waste time torturing me, if you want my secrets, just ask.  I caved like a chocolate teacup in a microwave.  Flowers now knows all of my code names and is busily trying to think of one for me.  She tried Big Blonde and Bolshy, but I dont really want to give away my true identity!!

Flowers even refers to Newt by that name and not her real one as she bekieves that it is a good fit.  I sat at a bench for half an hour to kill time and was joined by trolly dolly.  At first I wasn't sure if I knew her, then I didn't much care.  She turns out to be a lovely person too! God, where are the freaks and nutters? Anyhoo, whilst chatting, Giggles came over for a sec and we realised that we are all in english together.  Fab.

In class, I felt myself getting grumpy, no reason whatsoever for this, but we had to do a 'getting to know you' excersise, that I hate!  However, I relaxed and found myself enjoying getting to know a little about the rest of the class. Duh! Thats the point Blondie!!!

We had to do an assessment which, tho it looks easy, was a little bit tricky.  We had to put the punctuation into a typed passage with none in it.  I was quite pleased with myself until I reread the instructions, then realised that it said there were 30 missing, I'd done 9! Back at it then.

We then had a couple of sentence structure tasks and finally to write a short (100 words....help!) piece at the end.  So, being under pressure - my spelling and punctuation went to hell in a handbasket.

At the coffee break I chose to stay in the class.  If I go out and chat, I will just want a coffee, and I have nada money.  Also, its nice to have a bit of quiet after the noise of 19 people (most of them under 25) in the class.  Being a solitary person, people noise is hard to handle sometimes.

There is a guy in the english class that looks just like a comedian I really like, but can never remember his name. Then there is a girl, we shall call her Nikki, (although that is the worst choice, because she is just soooo Nikki.  I mean, like who isss she?) I cant work out if its an act to get attention, or if she genuinley is that ditzy.  Time will tell.

Oh, I have a date.  Well, 2 actually.  One is the guy who bought my sat nav.  He got a bit chatty on the phone and invited me for a curry and a beer.  Yum.  I have to find him a hotel/motel locally so tht he can have a drink.  The other guy is from POF. He lives in Ipswich and on paper we should get on.  The POF guy is friday and the sat nav guy is to be arranged later in the week.

On the way home from college, I walked up the hill with Lady.  She and I had sat next to each other and chatted a bit.  I showed her how to get on the computers and she showed me that we recieve emails on it! Didnt know that!!  I thought that they emailed to your personal account, ie, hotmail.  Live and learn.

News update:  The POF guy text me and asked if I would like to go for a drink tonight.  I said yes. Got the serious wobbles now as I sit here choking on my own perfume worrying how I look.  I mean, for gods sake!  What do you wear on a date for a drink with a guy you've never met?

Luckily he phoned to make arrangements.  I gotta tell you, he has the sexiest voice.  I may be in trouble here.  Lets hope he's a bush pig and we dont get on.  But we did laughingly discuss wardrobe for the evening, he was as worried as me about what to wear.  We both agreed to play safe and go with jeans.  Easy for him, I still have to worry about cleavage/no cleavage, hair smooth/just shagged look, sexy top/mommy top.  I could go on but you, oh shoot.....footwear, are sneakers too casual?  No way am I wearing heels, I don't remember how tall he said he is.  (Remember the french situation?)  My new flats pinch and I dont want to be hobbling behind him like quasimodo, that tends to set the wrong tone. 

Ok, he just text me to say he's leaving and should be here in about half an hour.  God help me, I feel sick.  I cant remember the last time I was on a date.  Its all well and good chatting on line, but Im actually going to meet a real live person.  Please be ugly, please be ugly.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I hope your date goes well. :-)

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you met your special man since you've stopped blogging.

    ReplyDelete