Friday 10 September 2010

Just a quick update: my ellie cat had her kittens last evening (on my sofa!).  She had 2 black, 2 ginger and one a beautiful beige colour.  So far they are the noisiest batch we have had, they squeak and squeal constantly if there isnt a teat in their mouth.  They also seem to be really active, a couple have already wriggled off the cats' throne, where they cried until mommy picked them up.  She had to finish her milk first of course.  Ellie cat is a great mom, she always has been (this is her 3rd litter).  She stays with them all the time and its so cute to see as she has her 'arms' around the whole bunch as they sleep.  I know that it is not the done thing, but ellie has never minded me handling her babies, I dont unless I have to, but she is really ok with it.  Last lot she actually plonked them on my bed and kept putting them back everytime I moved them.  Right smack bang centre of the bed too, almost as if she had measured it.  I tried sleeping without moving them but realised quite quickly that the cat was actually taking the p**s!

No comments:

Post a Comment